You'll find a little of everything here. Genres covered in this blog include (so far) prehistorics, fantasy, old west, swashbucklers, pulp, Blood Bowl, Ghostbusters, gladiators, nautical, science fiction and samurai in 6mm, 15mm, 28mm, 40mm, 42mm and 54mm sizes. You'll also find terrain, scenery, basing, gaming, modeling, tutorials, repaints, conversions, art and thoughts in general about the hobby.


Thursday, June 6, 2013

42mm Samurai: Lord Kaage wip continued


Here's Kaage Kazuhito with all the conversion work finished. It's rough in a couple spots, but not so bad that some good paint will hide it. I like this pose, it fits the sweep of that large sword. I don't know why I hadn't seen this possibility earlier (with the sword that is).

I still have a bunch of work for the rest of his guards: Clean up, bows (and bowstrings?), haori jackets, bases. It's taking a little longer than usual, but that was intentional; I enjoy converting and painting, especially the samurai, so I purposely bought a good number of figures (without going overboard) and challenged myself to a new level of sculpting, all so that this project would simply last a little longer.

In the mean time, my lead mountain grew yet again: I already have some figures from the Low Life kickstarter, and today, I received figures from Cast in Ruin, which are some Gamma World-inspired figures. I haven't even gotten them out of their packages yet (I'm enjoying my samurai too much.) It'll be days and says of priming once everything is cleaned and/or converted.

No comments:

Post a Comment