You'll find a little of everything here. Genres covered in this blog include (so far) prehistorics, fantasy, old west, swashbucklers, pulp, Blood Bowl, Ghostbusters, gladiators, nautical, science fiction and samurai in 6mm, 15mm, 28mm, 40mm, 42mm and 54mm sizes. You'll also find terrain, scenery, basing, gaming, modeling, tutorials, repaints, conversions, art and thoughts in general about the hobby.


Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Machinas: The showroom floor


My shipment of new cars arrived today, so I thought I'd show a couple shots of how beautiful these cars are before I apocalyze them. These are all M2 Machine "Auto-thentic" cars. These are the more expensive models, but Hot Wheels has a lack of pre-1960 cars in stores right now. Even still, I prefer these beauties.

Suede interiors; polished chrome wheel covers, grills, highlights and bumpers; acrylic lacquer paint; whitewall tires; powerful V6, V8 and hemi engines; elegant body lines and smooth styling ... All soon to be replaced with rust, dust and guns.

It's almost a shame to run these through an apocalypse ... almost.


4 comments:

  1. lol, the poor cars, they look like they just rolled out of the factory

    ReplyDelete
  2. In a way, they DID just roll out of the factory: The box I got from Amazon was a sealed box from Castline (who makes M2 Machines :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Should I go ahead with this project (when rules are released) I will go for a smaller scale. 1/72 (20mm in wargames talk) most likely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Pure beauties"! totally agree with you ! I love the tires with white flanks!

    I visit your blog many times and I must say that it's always a pleasure to see your cars.

    I've read the post about the review of the cars manufacturers, it gave me the idea to collect some, but I know that it's not a good idea, because I'm ready to buy too much models!
    Sure that my bank account will be sick...

    Many thanks: I look at yours, and it's enough!

    ReplyDelete