You'll find a little of everything here. Genres covered in this blog include (so far) prehistorics, fantasy, old west, swashbucklers, pulp, Blood Bowl, Ghostbusters, gladiators, nautical, science fiction and samurai in 6mm, 15mm, 28mm, 40mm, 42mm and 54mm sizes. You'll also find terrain, scenery, basing, gaming, modeling, tutorials, repaints, conversions, art and thoughts in general about the hobby.


Friday, June 15, 2012

Post Apoc: Oak Street priest- Brother March


I'm much happier with this figure than the last. I'm sure it's because of the patchwork coat. In fact, I think I will go back and add a few patches to the other priest. This figure also has a light coating of (drybrushed) dust which I think helps unify all the colors.

This figure is from the Elliot Ness/Al Capone set by Marx. This figure was Al Capone, and now he's Brother March, Priest of 7602 Oak Street.

I'm approaching another crossroads of painting. I have one more 54mm figure to paint up for my post apocalypse collection and then a few random fantasy figures I need to get done for my friend Jeff. After that, I have no large projects planned. 

I do have a few small resin chariots on the way from Two Hour Wargames for playing Charioteer. I will paint those up. But then, after THAT, I don't have anything else planned. I might just continue with my post-apoc stuff.

3 comments:

  1. Al Capone wore a gas mask? You learn something new every day!



    Great conversion - love the figure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems like you post-apoc stuff has been a lot of fun for you. If you continue to extend this project do you have an idea of where to go next?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great "priest". Have you seen the movie RANGO? The animals in the story have two priests of their "holy" water faucet that wear diving suits and masks.

    ReplyDelete