You'll find a little of everything here. Genres covered in this blog include (so far) prehistorics, fantasy, old west, swashbucklers, pulp, Blood Bowl, Ghostbusters, gladiators, nautical, science fiction and samurai in 6mm, 15mm, 28mm, 40mm, 42mm and 54mm sizes. You'll also find terrain, scenery, basing, gaming, modeling, tutorials, repaints, conversions, art and thoughts in general about the hobby.


Thursday, September 22, 2011

Street Corner: You wanna (brass) knuckle sandwich, pal?


Here's the last of my pulp gangsters. Another one withOUT any conversion work (save for adding a little extra to the base.)

For his pants (a bit difficult to see in these pics) and hat, I used Foundry's Granite, which I like. The jump between shades in the triad palette is a bit much, so I suggest mixing intermediary shades. Otherwise, I enjoy the greenish-gray quality making this color good for older, muted-color clothing (I was getting tired of trying to find yet another new brown shade to use.)

I went ahead and gave him some golf shoes. Why? It was something different to do. And they seem to match well with his shirt. All in all, I like the scheme for this figure: Simple with nice contrast.

I want to work on improving my craftsmanship with the urban bases. I'm happy with the results, I just need to get better at cleaning up the edges, especially when sculpting on these non-lipped bases. But the only thing I sculpt these bases for are my pulp figures. I guess I'll have to get more. Ahhh, excuses.

I may pick up just one more pack -- the Sleuth's pack. I'd get it more for the Sam Spade figure, but I'm thinking the Tin-tin "Boy detective" figure in the pack might be easily converted into a long-coveted 1930s American football player. What would I do with only one such figure? Hell, I dunno, paint'em I guess :)

1 comment:

  1. I like him...knuckle dusters ..a pretty common weapon..seem a pretty uncommon thing in the world of minis.
    great brushwork
    Cheers
    paul

    ReplyDelete