You'll find a little of everything here. Genres covered in this blog include (so far) prehistorics, fantasy, old west, swashbucklers, pulp, Blood Bowl, Ghostbusters, gladiators, nautical, science fiction and samurai in 6mm, 15mm, 28mm, 40mm, 42mm and 54mm sizes. You'll also find terrain, scenery, basing, gaming, modeling, tutorials, repaints, conversions, art and thoughts in general about the hobby.


Monday, February 9, 2009

Beginning the proton packs





Hooray! My Heresy sci fi customs inspectors arrived, so I can begin conversions. I may be a little in over my head, but I'll forge ahead. First thing's first, I drew up some rudimentary plans for a basic proton pack at 28mm scale. It will be difficult to add much detail to the packs; they have a 1/4 inch by 1/2 inch footprint. I still haven't decided how I'll do the wires, though the larger cables, I may simply use small brass rod. The frame and accelerator pads will be made out of styrene (see the photos.) I've rolled some greenstuff to the diameter (roughly) of the nuclear accelerators. Once the greenstuff has cured, I'll simply cut disks from it with an exacto knife. I've also rolled smaller rods of greenstuff to use in some of the smaller details of the packs.
I'm glad I recently bought some new exacto blades, there's gonna be plenty of tiny cuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment